Please note that we are still providing this service during the Covid-19 outbreak. In line with Government guidance support will be by telephone, e-mail and Zoom/Teams.
Carers Federation, Action for Young Carers have been supporting young carers in Nottingham for a number of years. In 2019 we were successful in being awarded funding from Big Kirk Hallam to offer support to young carers living in that area.
What can we do?
If you are a carer living in Kirk Hallam, aged between 5 and 18 we can offer you the following:
- The chance to meet other young carers through groups and activities
- Have a break from your caring role
- Provide you with a young carers ID card
If you’re not sure if you’re a young carer or not please complete our quick assessment tool Click here
Working with schools and professionals
We are offering schools and professionals working with families in the area the following:
- Young Carer Awareness assemblies in school
- Young Carer Awareness training to school staff and other professionals
- Resources such as: posters, Education Resource Pack
- Network Meetings with other schools
Making a referral
Please download and complete a referral form if you would like to refer yourself or a young person you are working with to us. Completed referrals should be sent to email@example.com.
You can contact us on 07739 237147 / 07545 925847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like further information.