Other services/ support for Young Carers:
- For young carers living in Nottinghamshire: http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/caring/children/socialcarechildren/young-carers/
- For Young Carers living in Lincolnshire: Spurgeons Tel: 01933 412412 website: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This website from Carers Trust has information and advice for Young Carers as well as a supportive online community which you can register to join: http://youngcarers.net/
- The Children’s Society’s Include Programme offers support and opportunities for Young Carers as well as resources: http://www.youngcarer.com/
- Read other young carers stories at: http://www.carers.org/young-carers-stories
Here are the details of some other services you may find useful:
A national bereavement charity, offering support to families and professionals. They have a dedicated section of their website for young people.
Tel: 08452 03 04 05 (National helpline)
A free confidential organisation supporting women and children who have, or are, experiencing domestic violence.
Tel: 0808 800 0340 (24hr helpline)
111- Non emergency number
112 – European emergency number
999 – Emergency number
0845 4647 – NHS Direct
In Case of Emergency contact details
I – In, C- Case, E- Emergency
Save the number of the person you would like to be contacted in case of an emergency under ICE on your mobile phone.
Online support and information for self harm http://www.harmless.org.uk/
BEAT (Beat Eating Disorders)
Young people’s helpline: 0845 634 7650 Website: www.beat.co.uk
Free online support and counselling for young people: www.kooth.com
Bullying UK (part of Family Lives)
Support for young people, parents, schools and adults regarding bullying.
Tel: 0808 800 2222
A free telephone counselling service for children and young people.
Tel: 0800 11 11
Futures (was Connexions)
A non-profit company offering careers and employability advice to all ages.
Tel: 0115 9601597
Open 7 days a week for young people aged 13 to 19 years old. There are a range of activities on offer, health and wellbeing support as well as a relaxed place to go to meet new people
29-31 Castle Gate
Tel: 0115 9525040
Staying safe online
Useful tips on how to use the internet safely.
Tel: 08457 90 90 90
Social Care Service Departments
Children’s Social Care, Nottingham City Council
Tel: 0115 876 5600
National Drugs Helpline
Free confidential advice and information. 24 hour telephone service.
Tel: 0800 776 600
Talk to Frank
Information and confidential advice on drugs.
Tel: 0800 77 66 00
WAM – What About Me?
A confidential support service for children and young people aged five to nineteen who are affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use.
WAM offer one to one support, telephone and text support and information resources.
Tel: 0115 950 6791
Text: 0797 072 4165