Being a young carer isn’t easy but there is support for you. If you answer yes to one or more of the questions below you may be a young carer.
You can contact AYC yourself or ask an adult to contact us by calling 0115 9629351 or text 07814 678460.
- Do you look after someone who has a long term illness, disability or mental health issue?
- Do you help the person you look after in different ways? For example, shopping, cleaning, bathing, cooking or simply listening.
- Do you sometimes miss school or feel tired because of the help you give?
- Are you confused or angry about life at home?
- Are you struggling with homework and/or being bullied because of your responsibilities at home?
- Do you want someone to talk to and help explain your situation to school?
Annual Report 2014/15