Being a young carer isn’t easy but there is support for you. If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions you may be a young carer:
- Do you have a parent or brother/sister with a physical/learning disability, mental health condition or a long term illness?
- Do you help a family member with every day household chores?
- Does the support you offer stop you from having time to your self?
- Does your caring impact on your school attendance and achievement?
- Do you often worry about the person who is unwell?
You can go to: www.icare.ayc.stimulatingminds.co.uk to complete a short young carers assessment which will be submitted directly to a member of the team.
Alternatively, you can contact AYC yourself or ask an adult to contact us by calling 0115 9629351 or texting 07814 678460.