The Carers Federation, Action for Young Carers (AYC) is a free and confidential service funded by Nottingham City Council and the Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group. AYC offers support to young carers living within Nottingham City or are registered with a Nottingham City GP. As part of the Carers Federation organisation, AYC provides young carers with the chance to get together, have fun and access the help they need.
Best of all, young carers at AYC are encouraged to say what they like and dislike, meaning the service provides them with exactly what they need.
With AYC you can:
- Meet other young carers
- Take part in fun activities
- Get help when you need it
- Have a break from your caring role
- Tell us what you like and what you want
- Influence what the service does
- Get your voice heard
- Join in family activities
- Request a Statutory Young Carers Assessment
The Carers Trust
The Carers Trust offer support to young Carers living in Mansfield and Ashfield area of Nottinghamshire. You can also contact the Carers Trust hub for Adult Carer Support. Please take a look at their website for more information http://www.carerstrustem.org/hub